Seven years ago today,
I brought forth life
The day I learned what true love meant
One year ago today,
You were taken
The day I truly understood the meaning of loss
How incredibly ironic
The importance of one day!
You made my life possible
I grew inside your womb
Though our road was full of bumps
Lessons were learned
I was taught
Life went on
On the date I became a mother
Was the date that I lost mine
The memories will not vanish
The hurt, the loss, the love does not end
A piece of me gone
I still feel pain
I still feel sorrow
I feel regret and I feel shame
Words should have come sooner
Time should have healed quicker!
The questions will always stand
What if?
What if you battled?
What if I pushed?
What if time was on our side?
But the lessons were taught
And I have learned
Your life will not be forgotten
Your presence will be missed
So, thank you!
For teaching me of love
Of sorrow
Of pain!
~Sandra Dee
September 22, 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment