I am a mother
what a joyous thing to be
to hear your child laugh
to see your child smile.
I am a mother
comforting their tears
holding them until their sorrow disappears.
I am a mother
what a wonderful thing to be
to see your child learn
to show you life again.
I am a mother
they are my teachers
through them I learn
little things through their small eyes.
I am a mother
they are my heroes
who show me love throughout my life.
I am a mother
they are my children
I embrace them while they sleep
to smell their hair
to hold them tight.
I am their mother
a cherished thought
I'll never be alone
even if I'm single my whole life.
I am a mother
my reason for breathing
my reason for being
every day and every night.
~Sandra Dee
October 12, 2006

No comments:
Post a Comment