Last year and this year as well, Caiden's teachers have been after me constantly. Letting me know that Caiden did this or Caiden did that... he was unable to keep his body still, etc. Okay, I've tried the meds... they do not work for him and I'm not going there again. I've asked for additional help for him in school and it has been denied.
Caiden is on a very good schedule at home... but yes, he is also hyper. So what! I deal with it.
Now I'm not saying that the teachers did not have their hands full, but what the heck do you expect me to do? I can't be there during the day... supervision is left to the school and if he requires one on one then perhaps the school should do something to provide him with such. We are a single income household and guess what? That would be me.
Was there not a time before medication when there was no 'oh he/she needs drugs', children were managed. Have children really gotten that much worse or do teachers have a higher expectation because of the medications available.
I'd love to see them put their children on medications and watch them as they have constant emotional melt downs/anxiety/tantrums/weight loss/vomiting. I can tell you right now that I would never want another child to have to go through the roller coaster that my son was put through. Nor would I want another parent to have to sit there not knowing what to do with all the pressure for them to put their child on drugs knowing well that it is not something that you feel is right.
No comments:
Post a Comment