Sunday, July 3, 2011

People amaze me every day...

A casual trip to the grocery store started out with a bump.

I parked in a space where the curb was on one side and no cars were on the other. A older Canadian man pulls in crooked and close in a blue mini van and as I get my keys and purse and emerge from the car to open Caiden's he rounds his vehicle looking disgruntled and more or less demands right of way. Instead since he was now an obstacle I round to the other side to let the kids out opposite his side.

Caiden's little voice announces 'Excuse me please' as he opens the door and then 'Thank you' after he emerged. The old man then jumps on Caiden saying 'Look what you did' to which Caiden replies 'I'm sorry' followed by 'YOU no sorry!'. Really??? I round back to the drivers side to see what is going on, there is a little tiny white spot on the car. Regardless, what the hell right do you have to speak that way to my child when he has been nothing but polite to you. I instruct the kids to get back into the car on the opposite side and the man then says 'Why you no open the door for him' to which I replied, 'I went over there to open the door for them since you were blocking my way'.

So he then spins into 'I call the cops'. I politely responded 'You call the cops then and we will sit right here'. He pulls out his cell phone, walks over to get into his car, turns the engine on and sits there for a few minutes and then gets out and walks off. I announced 'Are you calling the police because we are waiting' to which he rudely waves me off and continues into the store.

My neighbor seems to think he wanted me to offer money.

Sheesh! Dick-wad!!!

No comments: